City Clerk Mission Statement
To serve the City of West Richland by providing exceptional customer service, in a timely manner, to the general public, Elected Officials, City Staff, other governmental agencies, and community partners, and to preserve the accuracy, integrity, and public accessibility to the City’s official records.
West Richland City Clerk
City Clerk Functions and Responsibilities
The City Clerk, subject to the provisions of the laws of the State of Washington and the ordinances of the City of West Richland:
- Serves as custodian of official city records and public documents
- Serves as official recorder of all city council meetings and maintains historical records and meeting minutes
- Prepares and publishes Council agendas
- Receives legal papers that are served on the City as a Municipal corporation
- Records, certifies and files resolutions and ordinances
- Serves as a point of contact for the City Council
- Codifies and maintains the West Richland Municipal Code
- Publishes legal notices
- Administers Claims for Damages
- Serves as Public Records Officer
- Serves as a network support resource for City staff and provides network and software support services
- Perform such other duties as may be required by the laws of the State, City ordinances or as the Mayor or City Council may direct
- The City Clerk is the registered agent for the City, and as such, any claim against the City is filed in the Clerk’s office. Submit a signed Standard Tort Claim Form if you wish to file a claim for damage. Tort Claim Form Instructions.
The City Clerk is the Public Records Officer for the City. If you wish to make a request for public records, please complete a Records Request Form and submit it to the City Clerk's Office. Fees for records.
The City Clerk also publishes a monthly newsletter insert distributed in the monthly utility billing, and publishes a quarterly newsletter (an insert in the Benton Rural Electric Association Ruralite magazine), and provides general editorial assistance.