Water, sewer, stormwater management and garbage services are provided by the City of West Richland. In certain areas, the City also provides irrigation with Columbia Irrigation District (CID) or Kennewick Irrigation District (KID).
Starting Utility Service:
Utility account opening information:
- Utility Accounts for addresses in the City of West Richland service area are established only for property owners or their legal tenants.
- An application for service will be required for each address.
- Applicants will be asked to provide information such as personal identification information, telephone numbers, and a previous address for the primary applicant of the property.
- Proof of ownership or a copy of a valid rental/lease agreement must be provided.
- Any outstanding charges owed to the City of West Richland by any adult resident of the premises plus any required fees, charges, and deposits, must be paid before an application can be approved.
- Customers can fill out an application here . Applications and required documents, including photo identification, must be submitted in person at our office during regular business hours.
- Services will be provided on the next business day following approval of the completed application.
- When a tenant requests to have services discontinued the account will automatically transfer back into the owner’s name as an active account.
Application for Utility Services
Garbage Can Change Request Form
Pay your bill online using the following link. You will need a copy of your utility bill. You will be prompted to enter your name (enter it EXACTLY as it appears on your bill), your account number and current email address.
How to register for online bill pay
Online Bill Payment Link
Direct debit auto pay is available for payment of utility bills.
Direct Debit Enrollment and Change Form
Pay by Phone:
Pay your bill 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week through our automated phone system.
Call 1-800-918-0468 and follow the prompts to have your payment applied. Credit card and E-Check are accepted.
You will need your complete nine digit account number with dash to use this system.
Important Notice to customers using their own bank's bill payment system. These payments are not immediately applied to your City of West Richland account. Please arrange for payments to be initiated at least five days prior to the due date.
If a residential utility customer is unable to pay the full amount of utility charges because of temporary financial difficulties or other hardship, a promissory note may be granted upon approval. Beginning February 28, 2013, customers will be allowed two promissory notes during a calendar year provided, however, that the city will be under no obligation to enter into any deferred payment agreement with any customer who has not fully and satisfactorily complied with terms of any previous agreement or with any customer with a currently delinquent account. A fee equal to 10% of the deferred balance will be added to the account balance up to a maximum of $20.00. The deferred balance must be paid in full by the 15th day in the following month in which the original bill was due. A promissory note will not be issued to a tenant without signed approval by the property owner. Forms must be received by the billing due date (25th of the month). Forms can be faxed to (509) 967-5706, placed in the drop box or turned in at the counter. Incomplete forms will not be processed. For questions, please contact 967-3431.
Promissory Agreement - Application for Deferred Payment
Are you moving? Please stop by the City Administration office to remove your name from the account, providing 48 hours notice to take the meter reading. A forwarding address will be required to send your closing bill. If you are selling your home, please ensure to new owners sign up for new service.
If you have already relocated and it is impossible to come to the Administration Office, please FAX the discontinue service form with your forwarding address and signature to 509-967-5706.
Discontinue Service Form
Temporary Disconnection of Service
To request a temporary water shut off, please complete and submit a Temporary Discontinuance Form to (509) 967-5706 or firstname.lastname@example.org. With a two day notice the cost is $15 to shut the water off, and an additional $15 to turn it back on. Request for water shut-off or turn-on with less than a two day notice is $40.00 between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm Monday through Friday, (excluding holidays). After hours turn-on or emergency shut-off is $70.00. Please pay the Water On/Off fees at City Hall.
Temporary Discontinuance Form
Utility Department Contact Information:
City Administration Building
3801 W. Van Giesen Street
West Richland, WA 99353
General utilities email address is email@example.com
Accountant-Utilities, Darrel Stewart firstname.lastname@example.org